Greek media reportedly targeted by cyber attack over article
The Website of the Greek media Greek City Times was attacked by Azerbaijani hackers for publishing an article about the systematic repression of independent Azerbaijani journalists living abroad, journalist Paul Antonopoulos said Friday on Twitter.
"Only within an hour of posting this article, Greek City Times was targeted by Azerbaijani hackers. Dictator Aliyev, who oversees what Mitsotakis calls the 'Pipeline of Values' (apparently liberal values = ethnic cleansing of Armenians), is not happy."
The article in Greek City Times makes references to cases in which Azerbaijani journalists have been targeted in several countries within the last couple of years.
The cases include:
- The attack against blogger Manaf Jalilzade in Switzerland on 29 April that left him severely injured
- The death of blogger Huseyn Bakixanov under suspicious circumstances on 14 July 2021 in Tbilisi, who allegedly fell from a hotel's roof.
- The attack against Orkhan Agaev in February 2021 in Berlin, Germany
- The disappearance of Vugar Rza in December 2020 in Belgium, whose remains were recovered in January 2021 in a river
- The armed attack against Muhammad Mirzali in November 2019 in France that left him injured
- The attack targeting Rauf Babayev in March 2018 in Germany
- The abduction of Afgan Mukhtarli in May 2017 in Tbilisi, Georgia, who was illegally brought back to Azerbaijan