Second women's conference for women's autonomy to be held in Berlin
An international women's conference on the struggle to "build a political and societal system based on women’s autonomy in all spheres of life" is to take place for the second time in Germany, on 5-6 November.
The Second Conference of the Network Women Weaving the Future will hold on its first day a plenary session on "State Violence Over Society and Women," "Ecocide: The Subordination and Colonization of Nature," "Making Invisible Labor Visible: Women’s Unpaid and Low-Paid Labor," which will be followed by several workshops.
The first session on the second day is to include three separate discussions under the title, "Becoming: The Desired Life Will Come Not through Miracles but through Revolution."
The following session, similarly, will hold three discussions on "Our Vision: Building Free Life."
The last session of the day is titled, "Finding Our Way." The idea of a "Supranational Women’s Organization" and the "Proposal for Woman’s World Democratic Confederalism" will be discussed by the speakers.
"Our Revolution: Liberating Life"
The Website of the conference greets visitors with a statement by organizers, titled "Our Revolution: Liberating Life."
Noting that they have been inspired by the revolution in Rojava (South and East Syria) that took place in the past decade in developing their vision to build a political and societal system based on women's autonomy, they observe:
"With the help of the state, the patriarchal and capitalist system deepens its methods to deprive women, peoples, workers, farmers, and laborers of their right to live. Today, everywhere, we are confronted with war, occupation, violence, with femicide, genocide, and ecocide."
"The struggles of our sisters from places like Afghanistan, Iran, Sudan, the Philippines, Brazil, and the US show us that this century has the potential of being the century of women’s and peoples’ freedom. It can be the era of carrying our struggles from the local to the universal. Now it is time to weave our future together through common struggle!"
For Program 2022: See the details
The speakers at the conference include:
· Jovita Montes, from IWA-International Alliance of Women (Philippines)
· Activists from the women’s movement in Iran and Rojhilat/East Kurdistan
· Nilüfer Koç from the Kurdistan National Congress
· Lolita Chavez, Feministas Abya Yala (Guatemala)
· Activists from the women’s organisation RAWA (Afghanistan)
· Kavita Krishnan (Feminist, All India Progressive Women's Association India)
· Ariel Salleh, sociologist and eco-feminist (Australia)
· Elif Kaya (Jineoloji Center Europe)
· Genevieve, Peace activist, feminist and philanthropist (USA, Italy)
· Anjila Al Maamari, (Center for Strategic Studies to Support Women and Children, Yemen)
· Deniz Abukan, activist TJA - Free Women's Movement, (Kurdistan, Turkey)
· Nimat Kuku, (Representative of the Sudanese Women's Movement, Sudan)
· Dilar Dirik, political sociologist and writer
· İrem Gerkuş, Kadınlar Birlikte Güçlü (Women's Alliance Turkey)
· Marta Dillon, (Ni Una Menos Movement, Argentina)
· Jade Daniels, Ra Life Urban Self Defense System Black women's movement (USA)
· Representative from Şengal (Sinjar, Kurdistan)
· Asya Abdullah, Co-chair of the PYD party (Rojava, Kurdistan)
· Vilma Almendra (Pueblos en Camino, Colombia)
The First Network Women Weaving the Future Conference was held in Frankfurt, Germany, in 2018.
????Women Weaving the Future -II
????An international #women's conference on the struggle to "build a #political and societal system based on women’s autonomy in all spheres of life" is to take place for the second time in #Berlin. @Womenweaving2
For more: https://t.co/mz02jydc6D pic.twitter.com/GKVbBIjTDO
????Women Weaving the Future -II