Earthquake death toll rises to nearly 48,000 in Turkey
Turkish interior minister Suleyman Soylu announced on Friday that 47,932 deaths after the earthquakes on 6 February have been officially reported so far through registrar's offices, and that 6,265 were foreign nationals from Syria and other countries.
Soylu also said that 1,619 victims could not be identified yet and work is in progress for their identification by means of DNA and fingerprint analysis. He added that the police is still working on 264 applications for missing persons.
The number of tents provided for survivors are currently 411,000, and 300,000 more tents are to be delivered to the earthquake zone, the minister said.
The total number of container homes planned to be provided for the survivors are 108,000, and 15.809 have been built so far, he added.